Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Additions to the Neighborhood

Well, I suppose that, given the date of my first and last post, no one will accuse me of writing too much. But now that I'm sort of retired, I hope I'll write much more. It's been so long since I posted that I want to just note the new places...mostly restaurants and cafes....that have shown up in our neighborhood.

At the top of the list, for me, are Quince and Zazou's. Within a couple of blocks of each other, they compliment each other, foodwise and ambience wise. Quince has a somewhat more extensive menu, is pleasantly appointed and decorated. Room for art on the walls, which the owner, Shareen, changes periodically. Try everything on the menu, if you're around often, but don't miss one of the best burgers, with some of the best fries, in Berkeley. It ranks up there with the likes of the burgers you can eat at The Meal Ticket & at Saul's. Daily 7 to 2:30, closed M's.

Zazou and his pleasant wife, Marianna, have made fast friends with the local community in record time!

No comments:

Post a Comment